Being a client on a construction project can be incredibly complex and demanding but ultimately rewarding once your ambitions are fulfilled. This comprehensive `one stop shop' will help you to achieve that magic combination of quality and efficiency, guiding you through the entire project lifecycle, from briefing to taking delivery and beyond. It will help you to better understand the project process, the client's role within it and, critically, how to be successful and effective by advising you on;
* the key milestones in the project process and your legal responsibilities at each stage
* achieving cost-effectiveness, efficiency and meeting project timelines
* key client issues such as funding and investment
* straightforward best practice advice and how to avoid common problems
* insightful tips from clients reflecting on their experiences
* handy tools including a project route map, project decision checklist and diary of a development
Published in collaboration with Constructing Excellence's Construction Client's Group and written by high-profile industry experts, including architects, construction professionals and clients, this has been developed to provide unrivalled support to clients working on any public or commercial project whether large or small. It will also be invaluable to the project team working with them including client advisors, architects, project managers, consultants and contractors.