This is a benchmark book which encourages interior designers to raise their professional status and offers their clients an insight into the complex profession of modern interior design. It demystifies what an interior designer does, and showcases the range of skills that interior designers can bring to a project to help achieve a successful outcome. The book attempts to explain the broad scope of the interior design profession, including:
* the wide range of projects and specialisms
* the people, roles and relationships
* the skills and knowledge that designers need
* the benefits of using a designer
* the importance of a good client-designer relationship.
Case Studies illustrate key points, pinpointing important project types and showcasing designers working in specialist fields and include comments from clients and end-users.